- First, the user will have to setup a Static IP address on the computer or laptop the user wishes to forward the port to.
Login to the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router using any one of the IP addresses:
to access the admin login page for the router. Enter the default credentials
- when prompted. The default username is admin and the default password is password for most of the Netgear routers.
- Navigate to the Port Forwarding tab.
- There, click the Advanced tab located at the top of the screen.
- Then go to the Advanced Setup option on the left settings tab.
- Click the Port Triggering/Port Forwarding option.
- Now, click the Port Forwarding radio button. Click on Add Custom Service.
- Now, the user will only have to create a port forward entry.
- The user can even check for other ports as well in the same settings.